Ever wonder what the purpose of each part of an AR is?
Over the course of the next few weeks, we’ll discuss the purpose of various AR parts by specific manufacturers, and how they can benefit you!
This week: Leapers/UTG Super Slim Handguards! Continue reading
A lot of you may not be familiar with the company – even though their accessories appear on firearms you have in your possession right now!
A recent article in Shotgun News shed some light on one of the many, many reasons we LOVE Leapers scopes, accessories, and rifle parts. Here are just a few:
1. Leapers is the epitome of the American Dream: Leapers was founded by couple David and Tina Ding. David, a former Taiwanese police officer who followed his wife to America when she came to earn her Masters in Sociology at the University of Chicago.
Knowing ZERO English, David experienced a series of events (from becoming a computer language programmer for the Ford Motor Company to reading Guns & Ammo magazine in order to learn the language) which prepared him for success.
It was his love of our country and all that it stands for that made David Ding want to start a business here. And where else would an immigrant in search of the American dream put his future empire? Just outside of Detroit, MI, of course!
2. Leapers’ optics are some of the most reliable in the business: Some shops are content to be “as good as their competition” while having all of their parts made overseas. Not Leapers.
- Leapers scopes are machines from solid aluminum billets, not just thin tubes like most scopes are.
- The extra-strong coiled springs give them a greater range of adjustment. This is why Leapers’ scopes can adjust down to just 9 feet (perfect for airgunners) in some products.
- The top scopes in their line have etched-glass reticles instead of wire (think: extra precision and resistance to recoil).
- When the illumination is turned on? Most scopes light up the entire inside of the scope tube. Leaper’s scopes only light up the crosshairs, giving a better line of sight to what you’re aiming for.
3. Leapers is always pushing the envelope: Not content to merely be “better than their competition”, Leapers holds team meetings 5 days a week to pass around prototypes and test out flexibility, adjustability, and range on scopes for rifles, crossbows, and any other type of firearm.
Sure, it’d be easy to get to the top of the heap and celebrate…but these guys don’t rest on their laurels! They’re constantly pushing to have better adjustments on their scopes, tighter fittings, and truly provide optics and mil-spec firearms accessories of a higher quality for extremely reasonable prices.
This includes AR, AK, Saiga, H&K, FN, SKS, and other firearm types – even Garand and M1 Carbines!
Leapers knows that, by focusing on what the customers WANT instead of what’s CONVENIENT for them to make, that they can dominate the market and even get better pricing than Chinese manufacturers! Their corporate slogan is “The Best Never Rest!”
As a stocking dealer for Leaper’s, Fighting Sheep Dog is PROUD to offer their full line of optics, accessories, and even Airsoft guns.
If there’s anything you need to order and don’t see it on our website, just let us know and, like Leaper’s, we’ll do everything within our power to make it happen.