At Fighting Sheep Dog, we’re happy to be your one-stop shop for all your Duracoat refinishing needs.
In fact, we’re one of the ONLY Certified Duracoat Refinishers in the Knoxville/Oak Ridge area!
Whether you’re looking to preserve an heirloom firearm, or just want to cut down on the amount of cleaning supplies you need for your gun, we’re the guys who can help!
Why Refinish Your Firearm?
There are 3 reasons why someone would want to refinish a firearm:
1. Protection from Corrosion – Bluing can often be a piss-poor method to fight off rust. The longer your gun sits in the safe, the more exposure it has to moisture, causing corrosion and eating way at valuable (sometimes irreplacable) parts for your gun. By having your gun refinished (whether you just took it out of the box or if it’s been in your family for generations), you’re ensuring that you can enjoy your firearm for years to come.
Don’t forget – with normal use, our refinishing will last several lifetimes!
2. Saves You Time – Most people perceive refinishing to be a messy, time-consuming, and expensive process. However, at FSD, we can have your firearm in and out of our shop (completely refinished) in as little as one week!
3. Ease of Cleanup – If your gun isn’t refinished, you’ll spend hours and quite a bit of dough on solvents, patches, lubricants, cleaning supplies, and other necessities to ensure that your gun is clean. During the cleaning process, you’ve also got to make sure you didn’t ding the finish (often leading to more rust later), while removing every ounce of existing corrosion. Who wants to do mess with all of that???
Here’s how it works:
Once we get it into the shop, we’ll take your firearm apart and prep it for refinishing. Once it’s been refinished, it’ll take about a week to cure in our refinishing area. You’ll receive an email from us once your gun is ready to be picked up. You’ll need to let it continue to cure for another 2 weeks once you get it home, but after that, you’ll enjoy literally YEARS of minimized corrosion and rust while cutting down your cleanup time to less than 20 minutes!
With FSD’s Refinishing Service, we dramatically simplify the process! You’ll go from spending an hour or more on cleaning alone to under 20 minutes. Exterior gun cleaning can often be done with a clean rag!
The cool part about refinishing is having access to over 200 colors to personalize your firearms to your specific tastes. Whether you prefer camouflage (digital, Woodland, desert, etc), tiger stripes, or even ye ol’ Jolly Roger skull and crossbones, we can customize your gun to give you the look you want and the long-term durability you need!
Be sure and ask about our self-lubricating finishes, as well as Removable Mission-Specific Camo patterns for various hunting seasons!
Performance Tests on 1 Mil Dry Film: DuraCoat
• 5% Salt Spray: 1000 hours – no failure
• Pencil Hardness: 2H
• Solvent and Chemical Resistant
• 100% Relative Humidity: 500 hours – no failure
• Water immersion: 100 hours – no failure
• Lubricating oil, hydraulic fluids and cutting oils, excellent resistance
• Cold Check: 16 cycles; 24 hours @ 100% humidity; 24 hours @ 10 degrees Fahrenheit, 24 hours @ 77 degrees Fahrenheit.
• Taber abrasion: CS 17 wheel, 1000 gm load; • Impact resistance: Forward 100 inch pounds. Reverse 80 inch pounds
Contrast / Bi-Tone
|Slide||$65*||–||Call for estimate|
|Frame||$65*||–||Call for estimate|
|Whole Firearm||$155*||$175* $200*||Call for estimate|
|AR-15 Style Rifles||$160*||$200*||Call for estimate|
|Whole Shotgun||$160*||$200*||Call for estimate|
|Whole Rifle (Standard rifles)||$160*||$200*||Call for estimate|
|Barrel Only||$80||–||Call for estimate|
|Receiver Only||$100*||–||Call for Estimate|
|Sig Sauer $50||H&K $75||Taurus $50|
|Shotguns (most) $75||S&W $50||Other (most) $50|
|Rifles (Standard) $75||FN $50|
|Springfield $75||Ruger $50|
|AR-15 Style Rifles $100||Glock $25|